My Photo
Name:
Location: Nampa, Idaho, United States

Monday, April 19, 2010

Perspective

So I have been subbing this year and been in a lot of different classrooms and a lot of different situations. I got a call this morning to work at the Nampa teen parent school in the daycare. I took it because it sounded like an easy day for a 38 week pregnant lady. :)

It was an interesting experience. I saw these girls come in with 2 year old children and they were still children themselves. I heard the girls converse with each other about family members who were in jail, inept parents, and night school. It just sounded so grown up and hard.

It helped me to really appreciate my family, my future baby, and my husband. I am truly blessed!



Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Valerie said...

Hey, are you doing a gun with your fingers in that picture?
I hope so.

I know what you mean, every now and then I stumble across 16 and Pregnant on MTV, and it simultaneously breaks my heart and makes me puke.

May 2, 2010 at 1:21 PM  
Blogger Candice Jenkins said...

Very true, and yes, that was a gun.

May 3, 2010 at 6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home