My Photo
Name:
Location: Nampa, Idaho, United States

Monday, April 2, 2012

Spring Break

I got the crafting bug this week.  Who knows why but I decided not to fight it.  I started by making dresses and vests for the kids for Easter.

Here is little Lucy's dress.  I know she won't be here for Easter, but I thought I could use these outfits for a family picture this summer.  
I had a hard time making such a tiny dress, but I think it turned out pretty good for my second dress EVER.

Karina's dress was my first dress ever.  My friend Jenn helped me.  I basically asked her what to do, she told me, I did it, and before I knew it the dress was done.   
I made Bruce's vest and bow tie all by myself.  I even made the pattern for the vest.  I NEVER thought I would be able to do it, but I got stared and once I got through the first few steps it was easy sailing. 
 The vest is reversible. 


I made the girls a few hair bows to go with their dresses as well. 
 After all of that I had Alan buy me a glue gun and I started going hair bow crazy.  I made a total of 20 hair bows this week and I made this hair bow holder. 
I think I am feeling like I should be doing something for this baby but there is not much to do so I am creating projects to keep myself busy.  Whatever the reason, I am glad I did it.  I am gaining self confidence in my sewing skills and I am learning something new.  Good things all around. 

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger n8'swife said...

I love it! I need to try making bow ties, but I'm a terrible sewer and can't follow a pattern! I love the name Lucy!

April 2, 2012 at 1:04 PM  
Blogger Candice Jenkins said...

Check out my Pinterest page on sewing. That is where the bow tie tutorial is. It was super easy and that is coming from someone who NEVER sews.

April 2, 2012 at 1:06 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Bravo, Candice. I'd ask for some bow tips, but Edie doesn't have enough hair for one, and she's a little touchy (and by "a little touchy" I mean "James wishes she had more hair").

April 3, 2012 at 12:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

OMGosh! That dress is beautiful. Stop saying your not crafty, cuz you is! I love the patterns and colors on those fabrics. Very pretty.

November 23, 2012 at 12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home